Today, it is globally acclaimed that scientific and technological capability of Human Resource is the major source of strength in nation building. Consequently, the success of any industry depends very much on the quality of the people who work for them. Particularly, in the context of medium/ small-scale industries, the needs are primarily oriented towards problem solving, with the support required in the areas of Design, Process improvement and plant and machinery performance etc., which can be fulfilled by the existing huge network of technical industries across the country. These institutes can be also intervene in solving specific industry related problems, carry out minor Technological Innovations/ Modifications aimed at Technology Absorption/Implementation etc, and organize Continuing education program for industry personnel. Industries in turn can contribute to academia in orienting its curriculum to produce Graduate Engineers/ Technicians suitable for their work places and support the basic research for creation of new knowledge. In order to achieve these objectives, what is needed at present is a support system ( industry Institute Partnership Cell) to ensure a focused involvement of both academia and industry in developing a symbiotic relationship, keeping in view the vision for the future.
The AITAM Engineering College (An Autonomous Institute) has setup an industry institute partnership Cell (AITAM-IIPC) to promote the interaction between industries and the institute. This institute with more than one decades of expertise in imparting engineering education, has established many state of the art laboratories, testing equipment, library and information center, internet facility etc.Strength of this institute lies in its highly qualities and committed faculty members, which is counted as one amongst the few best institutes in the state. Faculty members are actively involved in research activities. With this back ground, the institute feels competent in rendering R & D. Consultancy services and other technical support in the different areas to industries.
- Establish linkage between industry and the institute.
- Identify industry problems and provide solutions
- Joint research projects
- Industrial consultancy
- Dissemination of knowledge
- Continuing education programs
- Greater utilization of resources
- Access to library and other infrastructure
- Access to laboratory testing
- Promoting industrial training for students
- Faculty training in industry
- Arranging industrial visits/ Training to students.
- Mediating for laboratory testing facilities.
- Providing professional consultancy.
- Exchange of personnel.
- Organizing industrial exhibitions.
- Conducting seminars, workshops, continuing education programs etc.
- Technology appreciation programs.