The more specific objective of the National Service Scheme are to arouse in the students social conscience and to provide him/her with opportunity.
- To work with an among the people.
- To enlarge in creative and constructive social action, and in them a sense of dignity of labour.
- To engage his/her knowledge of himself/herself and the community through a confrontation with reality of social life.
- To put his/her scholarship to practical use in mitigating at least some of the problems.
- To gain skill in the exercise of democratic leadership.
- To gain skills in programme development to enable him/her for self-employment.
- To bridge the gulf between the educated and the uneducated masses; and
- To promote the will to serve the weaker sections of the community.