Aditya Institute of Technology and Management established the department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) in 2001 with an initial intake of 60 students and got approval for additional intake of another 30 seats in 2004-05 and further enhanced by 30 seats in 2006-07. A Post graduate program (M. Tech) in ECE in the specialization VLSI System design was introduced in 2008-09 with an intake of 18 seats and a new specialization DECS was granted by AICTE with intake of 18 seats in 2011 – 12. In 2009-10 the department of ECE was accredited by National Board of Accreditation for three years. It is an added feather to our crown. The department of ECE feels proud to announce that this institution has got accredited by NAAC. The college has got TEQIP funds in phase-II under sub-component 1.1. These two important additions surely enhance the prestige of the institution. In turn it helps students to improve their academic standards. Both the B. Tech and M. Tech programs were duly approved by the AICTE and Govt. of A.P. and affiliated to JNTUK. The department of ECE is leaping forward with strength by strength over the years.
The department is headed by Prof. A. S. Srinivasa Rao and it has 29 teaching faculty. Cadre wise breakup of the faculty position is as under
- Professors : 02
- Associate Professors : 06
- Assistant Professors : 21
To Excel in all the aspects of academic activities and to develop creative engineers with a stature that enables them to provide leadership, credibility, with emphasis on rural development and to accept extension and public services as a third dimension to their role in addition to education and discipline.
- Developing the skills of the students to meet the global competitiveness in recent technologies like embedded system, blue-tooth technology, MATLAB etc.
- Imparting practical skills in services of electronic gadgets
- Establishing state of art-laboratory with modern instruments and testing facilities to offer consultancy.
- Offering training facilities to technical personnel.
- To integrate academic programs, extra-curricular activities, co-curricular activities and inter personal relations to promote intellectual growth for social transformation among students.
- To produce graduates equipped with latest technology to make them globally competitive through futuristic plans
- To impart entrepreneurial skills and inculcate ethical and social values among the students.
- To adopt e-valuation in place of conventional methods.